Health, Wellness and wellbeing in the workplace.
A topic that is often discussed, but what does your business do to support your greatest asset, the employees?
To help your business we have compiled a list of activities for you to consider trying in your office or workplace;
- Set up a health & wellness committee and have them take responsibility for implementing the selected ideas for health promotion activities.
- Designate a wellness coordinator for implementing and monitoring action plans.
- Assign a budget for health & wellness in the workplace activities.
- Develop good employment practice and policies, e.g., communication systems; training & personal development; supervision, appraisal and mentoring; attendance / absence management; equal opportunities; return to work/rehabilitation for people with illnesses or disabilities; time off for career responsibilities (children, other dependents); job sharing; flexi-time & flexible hours / days; dealing with harassment & bullying; grievance procedure; disciplinary procedure.
- Include health & wellness in the workplace activities in your management teams objectives.
- Link green & environmental issues with opportunities for physical activity – walking & cycling to work. Cycle to work schemes for example is a great benefit to offer.
- Assess the needs for different kinds of health and wellness in all your workplace activities, from shop floor to office and so on.